Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LUXaholic Style Spotlight: Shannon McDonald

By Natalie Naccarato

Today we are focusing the style spotlight on LUXaholic's first ever Style Icon Contest winner: Shannon McDonald!

*Side note: Shannon, we loved your profesh photo that you entered into the contest, it looked gorgeous!!

A few other snaps of the lovely Shannon:












We asked Shannon a few style related questions, here are her answers...

LUXaholic: Please describe your personal style.
Shannon: Is it Monday, Wednesday Saturday or Sunday? Classic, Vintage, with a little Rock and Roll maybe? If it catches my eye for whatever reason, I make it work. I have $1 shoes that get as much wear as my $100 shoes. If I look hard enough in my closet I can always come up with a new combination. I couldn’t live without my blazer and my leather crop jacket, and of course a good pair of jeans.

LUX: Who is your style icon?
Shannon: Coco Chanel - hands down. She changed the world of fashion for woman. She imagined the little black dress, gave us comfy striped T’s, and she invented the boyfriend look.

LUX: What celebrities do you most admire in terms of style?
Shannon: Rachel Bilson, Katie Holmes, Kiera Knightly, Sienna Miller…

LUX: Where do you find most of the inspiration for your personal style?
Shannon: It definitely starts with the weather, fall=fashion. Outside of that, emotions, music, landscape (yes landscape). I don’t always get it right, but I’ve always loved fashion.

LUX: What is your favourite item currently on LUXaholic.ca?
Shannon: Yeah right, lets make that plural, favorites. Right now I am loving the “Meena” dress, by BB Dakota and I have my eye on the “Tuxxedo” shoes by Steve Madden.













A couple other items that caught my eye are the Lanelle skirt by BB Dakota and the Ruffle Around the Rosie Dress:












Thank you once again to Shannon and all of you LUXaholic's that participated in the Style Icon Contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment